The International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Disaster Management (ICT-DM’2015) will be held in Rennes, at INRIA Rennes-Bretagne-Atlantique from November 30 to December 2, 2015.
Please be aware that citizens from certain countries may require a visa to enter France. If unsure, check with a French embassy or consulate. Additional information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs In case you need an invitation letter, please contact us.
There are several trains (TGV) on a typical week day from Paris, Lille and Lyon to Rennes. In the following is listed the number of round trips and journey times with a TGV (high speed train):
- 20 TGV Paris, Montparnasse train station (Paris – West) – Rennes (2h03)
- 3 TGV Roissy, Charles de Gaulles airport – Rennes (2h58)
- 3 TGV Lille – Rennes (3h45)
- 2 TGV Lyon – Rennes (4h25)
For more information see the French SNCF Railway server.
From the Rennes train station (northern exit “Gare nord”), to reach the campus, you can take the bus and get down at “Tournebride” bus stop. It takes about 15-20 minutes to reach the campus from the train station.
From Rennes-St Jacques airport there are 22 direct daily flights to/from French and European towns. From Dinard Airport (70 km from Rennes) there is a daily flight to/from London Stansted by Ryanair.
To reach INRIA from the airport:
- Taxi : It is strongly advised to book a taxi directly from the airport, at daytime, the trip to the campus is about 20 €.
- Bus : line #57 links St-Jacques to Rennes city center. Buses run from 6h50 to 19h45 about once an hour and every 10-15 minutes during the rush hours. Bus stops “Pommerais” or “Abbé Grimault” are 800 meters away from the airport in the St-Jacques village. (travel time around 20 min.) Once arrived at “République” which is the terminus of the line 57 (see the map), you will have to change for another bus.